Wednesday 29 October 2014

Happy Birthday!




My dream would be to post a video with Jonathan singing Happy Birthday, but that’s not going to happen, so the graphic will have to do.

It’s a year since I started this blog and to date I’ve published 157 posts about ‘our boy’ and his achievements. How time flies.

I want to say a big thank you to the thousands of you who have visited in the past 12 months.  Also, I’d like to give a big thank you to the many Fantoines who have given their permission to use their fabulous photographs, videos and creative works of art. Their input to posts is invaluable. Thank you each and every one of you. There are too many to name individually (that’s my excuse because I have a dreadful memory and I may cause offence if I leave someone out).  

Quite a few people have asked who is involved in writing the blog and I have had to admit it’s a ‘one-man-band’. Me.

My online pseudonym is Subrosa although I use JonathanFan to post here.  Don’t ask me why I didn’t use Subrosa because I’ve no sensible answer! It’s not easy to remember so far back (ageing has its negatives), but I possibly thought JonathanFan was more appropriate to this particular blog.

It was my idea to have a source, outwith Facebook and Twitter, for anyone who wanted information about the fantastic tenor Jonathan Antoine.  There was very little online about Jonathan a year ago and I thought it important to boost his online presence because, as most of you know, Facebook and Twitter are only a small percentage of the internet experience.  

That was then. What a difference a year makes doesn’t it?  Jonathan has come into his own and when anyone googles his name they see up-to-date images and articles about his ongoing achievements.  Wonderful isn’t it?

Note: May I reiterate that this blog is not associated in any way whatsoever with Jonathan, his family, Sony (his record label) or his management. It is run by me for his worldwide fans and the opinions expressed are my own. The comments - always greatly appreciated - are yours.



24 comments:

Unknown said...

happy Birthday Fantoine Blog! well done all your hard work xx

Unknown said...

You have done an amazing job over the past year, thank you for all your efftorts Subrosa XXX

Unknown said...

It doesn't feel like a year but you know best! This is indeed a good place to pick up on anything Jonathan and to hear about what's going on. Thank You and Happy Birthday. xx

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!!! <3

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! Keep up the great work :D

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday and thank you so much everything I read here (or see) is wonderful

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!! You do a brilliant job!!!!

JonathanFan said...

Thanks Debby. You’re a great contributor too with your lovely images. x

JonathanFan said...

Auch I’m blushing now Geri. All these compliments. Thanks though. x

JonathanFan said...

If you’d clicked on the link Glennis, you would have seen the date of the first post was 29 October 2013. I didn’t believe it either lol.

Thank you for the compliment.

JonathanFan said...

Thanks Sandie. x

JonathanFan said...

Will do my best Crissie. x

JonathanFan said...

Auch I’m blushing again Tammy. That’s very kind of you.:D

JonathanFan said...

Lynette, chuffed to bits you commented. x

Unknown said...

Congratulations and thank you for all the work you do to keep this blog coming! I wouldn't be without it! (Kath Christensen)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! Your Full of Awesomeness!! Butterfly Kisses <3 <3

Diego Bras Harriott said...

OK trying again to post, cause mine from yesterday just vanished while posting... Sooo...

Happy Birthdayyyyyy toooo youuuuu!!!! ( imagine the music please)
Thanks for this place, for non facebookers and the rest of the world that will be coming to know our boy!!! And a special Happy Birthday from all Fantzine Team!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday and Thank you so much for this great job xx <3

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for getting Jonathan info to us all! Great job!

JonathanFan said...

Thanks Kath. x

JonathanFan said...

Butterfly kisses back to you Lori - if I knew how to do the symbol. x

JonathanFan said...

Thank you so much Diego. If you’d like to write a post about the Fantzine I’d be very happy to publish it on here.

JonathanFan said...

Thanks so much Maria. xx

JonathanFan said...

It’s a pleasure Becky - well most of the time lol. I can get too engrossed during researching and tend to drift off on other interesting links. Then I wonder where the time’s gone. :D